Our Church Walks take place on the 1st Sunday of each month. These walks are a great way to get to know each other, and are open to all ages.
Our walks depart promptly from the meeting place at 2.30pm. Any cancellations or changes will be announced during the morning service on the day.
Please wear suitable footwear and clothing appropriate for the weather. Bring your own snacks/drinks if needed and please note that everyone will be responsible for themselves and their children
All walks are child-friendly and some are buggy-friendly – please see the descriptions. Well-behaved dogs on leads are welcome too.
There’s no need to book but if you have any questions please get in touch using the ‘general enquiry’ form on our Contact page.
We look forward to seeing you!
Sunday 3rd September 2023
- Meeting Point: Bolsterstone Village Hall, Heads Lane, Bolsterstone
- Route: Heads Lane and Whitwell Moor Trigpoint and woods
- Length: 2 miles buggy friendly, plus optional 1-2 mile loop (part of which can be buggy-friendly)
- Other info: Buggy section is on a quiet dead-end lane. Great views – a popular walk last time!
Sunday 1st October 2023
- Meeting Point: Coronation Park, Oughtibridge
- Route: Beeley Woods
- Length: 2 miles buggy-friendly out-and-back, plus 1 mile optional loop (not buggy-friendly and fairly steep)
- Other info: a local classic!
Sunday 5th November 2023
- Meeting Point: Low Bradfield Bowling Green, Smithy Bridge Road, Low Bradfield
- Route: Damflask Reservoir, clockwise
- Length: 3.5 miles buggy-friendly
Sunday 3rd December 2023
- Meeting Point: Grenoside Wood Car Park, off Woodhead Road, Grenoside
- Route: Wharncliffe Chase and Wharncliffe Wood
- Length: 3.5 miles
- Other info: A lovely woodland walk with some open spaces. Includes a stile. May be muddy.
Sunday 7th January 2024
- Meeting Point: Tower on the dam wall, More Hall Dam, Yorkshire Water Road
- Route: More Hall Reservoir (anti-clockwise)
- Length: 2-3 miles buggy-friendly
Coming soon - information about walks from Feburary 2024 onwards.
- Join us for our final church walk before the summer!
- Meeting Point: Glen Howe Car Park, Wharncliffe Side
- Route: Glen Howe Park
- Length: 2-3 miles
- Comments: A great one for children and the young at heart as we explore Glen Howe Park. Bring your wellies or water shoes for (optional!) stream-paddling.
- No walk in May.
- Look out instead for information about events happening for the Coronation weekend.
- Meeting Point: Yorkshire Water Road at junction of A6102 and More Hall Lane
- Route: Dragon Woods to find the Wantley Dragon
- Length: About 2 miles but plenty of ups and downs
- Other info: We’re going on a dragon hunt! So if you have a child or are young at heart this is the one for you! Boots/wellies are recommended for mud depending on how wet it has been in the weeks leading up to this walk. If you use walking poles you may also like to bring them.
- Meeting Point: Top of Church Street at the corner with Haggstones Road, Oughtibridge
- Route: Oughtibridge and Worrall loop including Boggard Lane
- Length: 2.5 miles
- Other info: Mostly footpaths and a few pavements joining two of our villages. Up at the start and down on the way back. Includes a number of stiles. Lovely views and a few water troughs!
- Join us for a New Year walk!
- Meeting Point: Wadsley & Loxley Common Car Park, off Long Lane (turn off at crest of the road, near golf course, signposted Public Bridleway)
- Route: Wadsley & Loxley Common
- Length: 2 miles (plus opportunities for playing in the woods!)
- Meeting Point: Sycamore Park Car Park, off Towngate Road next to Worrall Memorial Hall, Worrall
- Route: Burnthill and Low Ash Common
- Length: 2.7 miles
- Other info: Includes stiles, great views of 2 valleys and a short road section.
- Meeting Point: wall outside Low Bradfield Bowling Green, Smithy Bridge Road, Low Bradfield
- Route: Agden Reservoir
- Length: 2.5 miles
- Other info: Our final walk before the summer picnics resume!
- The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Weekend
- No walk but instead please join us for our Church Family Picnic in Coronation Park from 12.30pm
- Meeting Point: Sycamore Park Car Park, off Towngate Road, Worrall
- Route: Low Ash Common and Burnthill
- Length: 2.7 miles (includes stiles and a short road section)